What You Should Know Before Investing In A Private Country Club Membership
Becoming a member of a private country club can be a beneficial move for anyone who enjoys golfing regularly. Here are some things you should know before investing your money in a club membership of your own:
You might expect to pay an initial fee when joining a private country club membership, which is typically the case. This fee can greatly vary from club to club, ranging from anywhere between a few hundred dollars and several thousands of dollars. This fee is usually referred to as an initiation cost. It is important to know that an initiation cost may not be the only fee you face. Here are some fees that might be involved when becoming a member of a private country club:
- Annual Fees – You could be expected to pay an annual fee to keep your membership active. This fee is typically only a fraction of the cost of the initiation fee.
- Food and Drink Minimums – Some private country clubs require their members to spend a minimum amount of money on food and beverages throughout the year. For example, you might have to spend at least $100 on food and drinks in each month to remain an active member.
- Record Maintenance Fees – If the country club you join keeps records of your gold games and the services you prefer to ensure optimal service during your visits, you may be subject to a small record maintenance fee to cover costs.
The country club you decide to become a member of should provide you with a fee schedule before you make your first payment so that you know exactly what to expect and can budget accordingly.
The whole point of joining a country club is to gain access to special perks at no extra cost that a regular visitor would not have access to without paying for them. For instance, you should expect to play free rounds of golf as an exclusive paying member. Here are some of the perks you may acquire once you become a new member of your chosen country club:
- Access to Swimming Pools, Spas, and Tennis Courts
- Access to Workout Facilities
- Access to Exclusive Dining Rooms
- Invitations to Special Events
- Opportunities to Host Personal Events and Celebrations
- Free Equipment Rentals
Keep in mind that country clubs offer different kinds of perks depending on the amenities that are available at the clubs and other factors. Therefore, it is a good idea to ask for a complete list of perks before deciding whether to become a member of any specific private country club.